Digital Clock

Just random thoughts about new learning tools.

Friday, March 20, 2009

Thing 28--Customized Home Pages

Well this one was a much easier "thing" to do. I have had a my yahoo homepage for several years so I was familiar with how to customize a home page. I had also started customizing an igoogle page when I started my blog.
As I was reading through the blog instructions I decided to check out the different tools for creating a start page such as Netvibes and Pageflakes. Didn't see that they were a whole lot different in look than iGoogle and My Yahoo but I might play around with NetVibes and Pageflakes just to try something different. I then checked out the School Library Journal article. I clicked on the link to the LibraryThing page and decided to set up an account and then customize my book list. It was great fun setting up my library and I would recommend anyone trying it out. What I did was pick a select list of my favorite series authors and find their latest books as well as the earlier ones in the series and list them so I could create a "wishlist" for future reading and then request the future books from my library.
Well I created my own Blidget and stuck it onto my igoogle home page. It was very easy to do and very quick. I created a blidget of my blog page--just another way to keep things organized in one spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Example